Over the last week, I have been frustrated with my pool playing as my overall performance has been a little sloppy. I’ve caught myself on several occasions just running balls mindlessly without having a concrete plan for finishing out the rack. It’s time to get my head back in the game and get laser focused again on fundamentals and execution. I’ve got a league game tonight, so that’ll give me about 2-3 hours to practice. Here’s my practice itenerary for tonight:
- Fundamentals 4 drill – Get focused, concentrate, and work on straight stroking techniques. In my opinion, the long straight in shot is one of the hardest.
- Fundamentals 5 drill – This drill is always tough because it reveals errors in your technique; but that’s okay, because that’s how you make improvements.
- Classic 3 drill – Work on my short distance control. Got to make the shot and get good position on the next shot, and next, and next…
- Challenge 1 drill – Work on my long distance control. For some reason, I really enjoy shooting this drill.
- Challenge 2 drill – Work on my long distance control. For some reason, I really DO NOT like this drill. That probably means I need to work on it more often. Arrgghh!
- Rolling safe drill – Continue to refine my safety game. This is the drill that’s going to take my game to the next level.